Earlier this month I turned the big 3-0. I have to say it was not as bad as I thought it would be. As the time was approaching I really began to struggle with the idea that I was no longer going to be in my 20s. My husband, who entered the world of 30 two years before me was assuring me that it would not be so bad, but deep down I really didn’t believe him. However, the day came and I didn’t cry or wail like I imagined I would. Instead, the day, and really the whole weekend I turned 30, was filled with smiles, love, and a thankful heart. So, below I decided to celebrate my birthday by writing out the 30 things I am thankful for.
1. I have a wonderful husband who is truly my best friend. He makes me laugh. And spoils the mess out of me.
2. I have my first daughter, Sophia, who is smart, funny, and has a wild imagination I enjoy every day.
3. I have my second daughter, Naomi. I just enjoy looking at her little face. She is funny, crazy, but I just can’t help but smile when I think about her.
4. I have my third child on the way. That’s right, I am pregnant and can’t wait to see the newest personality that will be a part of our growing family sometime in April.
5. Due to the pregnancy, I have experienced some mega morning sickness, (Which is not the part I am thankful for) but my husband has pretty much taken over cooking, cleaning and laundry. This is what makes me extremely thankful.
6. I am thankful for the lessons on trusting the Lord through being so sick.
7. I am thankful for a church family who sang “Happy Birthday” to me on Sunday.
8. I am thankful for the card my parents gave to me that was so sweet it made me cry. (Although Derick told me it was probably because of the pregnancy hormones that I was crying).
9. I am thankful for a sister-in-law who was so sweet and wrote some really great words on facebook. This was probably the most special gift I received on my birthday.
10. I am thankful that I get to be home with my children and get to enjoy them all day.
11. I am thankful for friends who make me laugh.
12. I am thankful that I get to live so close to all my family and the support they are to my family.
13. I am thankful for the many people who are willing to babysit my children when Derick and I want to sneak away.
14. I am thankful for a God who is always moving toward me.
15. I am thankful for answered prayers.
16. I am thankful for the fellowship the gospel brings among His people.
17. I am thankful that I grew up in a Christian home with loving parents who always did their best to show me Christ in their marriage and in our home.
18. I am thankful for both sets of Grandparents that spoil my children.
19. I am thankful for how I have seen God provide our family with a new house, minivan, children, hardwood floors, and so much more over the years.
20. I am thankful that I have a husband who knows how to cook and makes me anything I am craving.
21. I am thankful for two little girls who like playing with each other.
22. I am thankful God provided a way for my daughter to go to school this year.
23. I am thankful for people in our church who care about me and my family and show it on a weekly basis.
24. I am thankful that God would choose to use me.
25. I am thankful for God’s Word and the fact that He has revealed Himself to us.
26. I am thankful for salvation. It is a true miracle.
27. I am thankful for God’s creation and that we can enjoy it.
28. I am thankful for the vacations our families were able to take together. It always make me smile when I think about them.
29. I am thankful that God gives grace abundantly and freely.
30. I am thankful I am God’s child and all the blessings that He gives me as His own, and that one day I will spend an eternity with Him.
So, being 30 is not so bad. Yes, I spent my last night of 29 going to bed at 9:30 pm because I was feeling sick, but as I laid there I was truly thankful for all the things God has given and look forward to another 30 years of walking with God.