Derick and I make an awesome Carrot Cake Cheesecake that I just have to share with you. We love going to Cheesecake Factory and fell in love with their carrot cake cheesecake. Since we can’t get there as much as we used to we decided to make our own. Of course, after making this recipe we returned to the Cheesecake Factory and realized that we liked our rendition better. I hope you get a chance to try this recipe yourself.
We combined two separate recipes to make our Carrot Cake Cheesecake. We used the cheesecake recipe from Lincoln’s Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake and the Carrot Cake Recipe from Allrecipes.com Best Cheesecake Ever.
1 1/4 pounds bar cream cheese (20 oz), room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Set a kettle of water to boil. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Beat in lemon zest and juice, and salt. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition. Beat in sour cream.
Cut parchment paper in a circle and line the bottom of the cheesecake pan. Wrap bottom half of pan in foil. Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan. Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform. Bake until just set in center, about 45 minutes. Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes. Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely. Cover; chill overnight, then wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
It is important to freeze the cheesecake for at least 2 hours or overnight. This helps for assembling the cake.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture and the walnuts. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
12 oz. butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. confectioners’ sugar
Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Add sugar and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, 5–7 minutes.
When you assemble place the bottom layer of carrot cake then add the frozen cheesecake add the other layer of carrot cake and then frost all over. You can either add white chocolate shavings or you can add walnuts on the outside.