These cookies are so good for the holidays and so easy to make. I hope you enjoy them. There are a couple of ways to make them more fancy, but who wants more to do around the holidays? But if you are looking to make them look a little more fancy check out the alternatives below.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Combine oats, flour, salt, and baking soda; stir into butter mixture one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
If you would like to make the cookies a little more fancy only put half the amount of white chocolate chunks in the cookie batter and save the other half. Once cookies are cooled you can melt the remaining white chocolate and drizzle chocolate over cookies. Or you can dip the cookies in remaining white chocolate. I love this recipe and I’m not even a white chocolate fan.